The RIC Centre Pitching Workshop is designed to help startups understand how to create a powerful pitch presentation.
Ideal Attendee: This workshop is for RIC Centre clients that have a validated value proposition and business model combined with a strong team and attractive market opportunity. Participants are expected to ensure that they have all the information required to create their pitch.
– Effective communication
– Creating powerful narratives
– Principles of storytelling
– Pitching principles
– Effective slide creation
Event cost: Free for RIC Centre clients with $100 refundable deposit; deposit is returned once client attends workshop and completes post-event survey.
Event catering: Light breakfast and lunch is included.
REGISTER HERE: https://ricc-pitching-may2019.eventbrite.ca
A fun and active three-hour introduction to project management that involves completing two approximately 1-hour experiential exercises intermixed with a total of 1-hour of discussion, lecture and videos. The exercises involve teams of 3 people (4 teams in total) being tasked with a hands-on construction project and a paper/desk-based project involving a key project management tool – Gantt charts.
ICUBE Advisory Board Meetings
For our most engaged scale-up companies, ICUBE creates an Advisory Board composed by 3-4 mentors with industry and start-up experience.
This is how it works:
- The Advisory Board meets every quarter
- The scale-up has one hour to present its updates to the board and ask for advice and/or help
- Board members will provide feedback, advice, access to networks, technical expertise, strategic advice, etc.
- Board members and scale-ups CAN engage outside of the Advisory Board sessions for deeper discussions.
Participating scale-ups are required to present the following at least one week prior to the meeting:
- A one pager document outlining:
- An overview of your company
- Progress and updates from the last meeting (is this is your first board meeting then show your progress to date)
- A summary of the challenges ahead
- Are you looking for funding?
- Are you having issues with your sales strategies?
- Do you need introductions?
- What is next for you and your company?
- Where do you want to go and how will you get there?
Please email Ignacio Mongrell if you want to be considered to participate on the Advisory Boards.
Time: (half hour appts. between 11am ending 1pm)