Please note: this session is only available for EDGE members.
About this Event
Are you an early-stage venture seeking to get a better understanding of the various funding sources available for your business? Join EDGE in a panel with representatives from Checkmate Captial, Spark Angels and more. Each panellist will share practical advice on the different funding opportunities that align with your venture. They will also go over the various services they offer their customers on a regular basis.
During this session we will answer questions like:
- How can I become connected with funding sources?
- What are the different funding opportunities for my venture?
- What are the benefits and downsides of each funding opportunity?
- What funding path should I choose to ensure financial success in the long-term?
- 2:00 – 2:15 – Welcome & introductions
- 2:15 – 3:30 – Panelist presentations (10mins each) & moderated discussion
- 3:30 – 3:50 – Q & A
- 3:50 – 4:00 – Wrap up and EDGE announcements
Who Should Attend:
Early-stage ventures seeking information about different funding sources
During this session you will:
- Gather insights from professionals about available funding sources
- Have an opportunity to ask questions about your specific venture situation
- Meet like-minded entrepreneurs and changemakers who can share in their wins and challenges
Dennis Zaidi is Managing Director of Checkmate Capital. Mr. Zaidi is also a seasoned entrepreneur and currently advises a diverse portfolio of startups on matters related to corporate finance and capital structure. Mr. Zaidi is an official advisor to the Holt Accelerator and Lozard Institute Startup Incubator. Prior to joining Checkmate, Mr. Zaidi was the architect of three successful exits including his work as managing partner of Balsam Lake Green Energy, a 6MW solar energy facility in Ontario, Canada that was developed then sold to Panasonic sponsored private equity firm Coronal Group. Mr. Zaidi is a passionate live long learner with executive education at Harvard Business School (Negotiation Mastery), Oxford’s Saïd Business School (Fintech) as well as recently completing an Executive Master’s degree (MSc) from HEC Paris in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, currently ranked the #1 business school in the world for executive education.
Kristen Marumoto is the Operations Manager at Spark Angel Network located in the Durham Region. She fell in love with supporting entrepreneurship since working at a wearable tech start-up in Toronto. Wanting to be closer to home in Durham, Kristen got involved with the local innovation organizations before settling in at Spark. This has given her the ability to understand an entrepreneurs’ needs, and often the mechanics that go behind raising capital…something that every entrepreneur needs to consider when they start their venture.
This is a free event. Seats are limited. Register now to save your spot!
If you require any accommodations to register or to ensure your full participation in this event, please let us know at email@example.com