Director of Marketing
Name of Venture:
Steps2Flourish is a youth run non-profit organization that promotes undergraduate student well-being and mental health through skill building workshops/events and affordable/free resources. Steps2Flourish is a new non profit organization that is expanding and growing that is a fully volunteer run organization. Joining Steps2Flourish means you will be joining a fast paced team that is passionate about mental health and a supportive team. At Steps2Flourish, one week can be very different from another, one week can be promoting events, another looking at better ways to market our organization while another week about organization/brand development. At Steps2Flourish, we ensure that every member of the team’s opinion is heard and that everyone’s well being is a high priority.
Mission: We aim to ensure that every student can reach their full potential through mental wellbeing and skill building.
Vision: To ensure that students have resources and skills they need to take care of their mental health and learn skills that will help them excel.
Email / Contact information:
Description of Opportunity:
The Director of Marketing is responsible for ensuring that our organization branding is the same over all platforms we use which include social media, email and documents we share. They also need to plan a social media strategy for us to reach more of our target audience which includes but is not limited to social media calendars for posting, thinking of content creations, etc. The Director of Marketing should also make fliers, any event itinerary, sponsorship proposals, and promotional materials. The Director of Marketing should also ensure to help manage our social media accounts and answer our DMs with the same branding language so that it is the same across all platforms. Other responsibilities and tasks as needed as we grow as an organization.
Note that this is a part time volunteer position 5-10 hours per week
- Completed/Working towards a Bachelor in marketing, business or related field
- Experience with social media management and content creation for Instagram and LinkedIn
- Have graphic design experience
- Ability to work remotely, independently, take initiative and have experience communicating via Slack
- Can commit to weekly 1 hour meetings that are a part of the others required to be on the team which is 5-10 hours a week.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills to help further the organization mission
- Experience with growing and scaling an organization through marketing
- Experience working with a startup and non profit organization is considered an asset
- Leadership skills considered an asset
Position Required Availability: Volunteer; Remote Work
Compensation Provided: Mentorship, experience, and referrals
If you are interested in applying for this position please share your CV and a written response to why you believe that promoting wellbeing and mental health is important. Please email this to amal @steps2flourish.org with a subject line “Direct of Marketing_first name_last name”