An exciting program for young changemakers.
Across our society and economy, there’s no doubt: we’re navigating without a roadmap. To get through it, and build a more inclusive, equitable and just tomorrow, what if we all thought like entrepreneurs? What if we saw challenges as an opportunity to create something new?
EDGE’s Social Impact Catalyst powered by RBC Future Launch supports youth entrepreneurs with mentorship, expertise and funding as they develop solutions to community challenges.
We’re looking for aspiring youth entrepreneurs in the Peel and Halton regions who have an idea, project or venture that seeks to create a more equitable, inclusive and just society.
Building a more equitable, inclusive and just tomorrow.
The year 2020 has seen disruptive change upend our communities – from a global pandemic to calls for long overdue racial justice. We also see the accelerated use of technologies, massive disruption to the job market and economic instability.
These disruptive forces have exposed inequalities and made them more pronounced. We know that many communities have been disproportionally affected because of persistent systemic barriers.
The EDGE Social Impact Catalyst powered by RBC Future Launch seeks changemakers whose project or ventures tackle racism, inequity and systemic barriers.
This program has been made possible with the generous support of RBC Future Launch, a proud partner of Sheridan and EDGE.
Ventures will tackle barriers that impact:
- Black and Indigenous communities
- Racialized communities
- Newcomer immigrant communities
- International students
- Women identifying communities
- LGBTQ2S+ communities
- People with disabilities
- Older adult communities
- Single parents
To apply, you must be:
- A youth (15-29 years of age)
- Living in Peel or Halton Regions or are a Sheridan student/graduate
- Leading a project or venture (or have a compelling idea) that will positively impact Peel or Halton Regions
- Ready to take action on an idea, project or venture that focuses on equity, inclusion and justice
- Ready to commit to a 14-week program (2 hours/week average) from January-April 2021
- Participating in the EDGE Explore program or ready to become a new EDGE member
14-Week Incubation Program
1 participant will win a Free Business Registration from Ownr!
Applications are now closed.
Thank you to everyone who has applied this year. Recipients will be notified mid-December.
Interested in applying? Subscribe for updates for the next round.