An exciting program for young changemakers.
EDGE’s Social Impact Catalyst powered by RBC Future Launch supports youth entrepreneurs with mentorship, expertise and funding as they develop solutions to community challenges.
"I've enjoyed the EDGE Social Impact Catalyst program because it has allowed me to form relationships with mentors and other young founders that are fighting for similar causes. It is such an enriching experience because of the in-depth education and resources you receive to turn your ideas into real-world action; from lessons with experts, the honorariums we receive, and many perks available to members." — Maheen Iqbal, The Defiant Movement. Graduate, Social Impact Catalyst Winter Cohort 2021
Building a more green, resilient and sustainable tomorrow.
In August 2021, the Secretary-General of the United Nations declared a “code red for humanity.” If we continue on our current course, the world is on track for three degrees of warming. At that level, temperatures are not livable and food production collapses.
In Canada, we face warming at twice the global rate. In the Arctic, it’s three times faster. Every day we see the impacts of global warming with reports of fires, flooding and impacts on farming. The window to act on climate change is closing.
We must act now.
The EDGE Social Impact Catalyst powered by RBC Future Launch seeks changemakers whose project or venture tackles climate change and environmental sustainability.
This program has been made possible with the generous support of RBC Future Launch, a proud partner of Sheridan and EDGE.
Ventures may focus on:
- Climate Change
- Environmental Sustainability
- Fast Fashion
- Plastic Waste
- Environmental Racism
- Environmental Defense
- Climate Justice
- Indigenous Climate Leadership
- Recycling, Reuse, Upcycling
- Renewable Energy
- Green Technologies and Infrastructure
- Water Resources (preservation and redistribution justice)
- Forest protection and management
- BIPOC communities impacted by climate change
“Through this program we learned how to access a lot of media attention. We also formed an advisory team of 7 people, met with lawyers to move forward with incorporating our businesses, finished our feasibility study and we partnered with Whitney McMeekin and the City of Hamilton to host the Pop-up market at pier 8. Because of the mentorship, I had accountability. I learned people management, offering feedback, developing processes, and yes, I had a 100% increase in confidence.” — Ashleigh Montague, Blk Owned Hamont. Graduate, Social Impact Catalyst Summer Cohort 2021
- 15-29 years of age
- Living in Peel or Halton Regions or are a Sheridan student/graduate
- Leading a project or venture (or have a compelling idea) that will positively impact Peel or Halton Regions
- Ready to take action on an idea, project or venture that focuses on climate change and environmental sustainability
- Ready to commit to a 14-week program (average of 2.5 hours per week) from January-April 2022
- Participating in the EDGE Explore program or ready to become a new EDGE member